cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rawad New Member

One date slicer for different columns

Hey,

I'm importing data from google bigquery, i have 4 tables, all include a dateCompleted column but some of the data need to be sliced using userCreatedOn. how can i use one slicer for these different columns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ryan_mayu Established Member
Established Member

Re: One date slicer for different columns

@rawad

I think you can use 'userelationship' formula. You can link your calendar table to both datecompleted column and usercreatedon column. One line will be dot line. When you want to create meausre by that date column. You add userelationship formula in the measure to activate that relationship.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ryan_mayu Established Member
Established Member

@rawad

I think you can use 'userelationship' formula. You can link your calendar table to both datecompleted column and usercreatedon column. One line will be dot line. When you want to create meausre by that date column. You add userelationship formula in the measure to activate that relationship.

Thanks

jtownsend21 Member

@ryan_mayu Agreed.  I would only add a note that whichever relationship is active is the default unless otherwise specified. 

Also here is the doc for USERELATIONSHIP. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/userelationship-function-dax