Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One Drive > Power BI

Hello,

Recently i have been shared to use a one drive file (authoirzed dont have it in my personal one drive, someone else is the owner)

I wanted to know if i can connect this file to Power BI ( use it as my database) without having to save the file to my personal drive or do a local copy of it. This is because the owner of the file is the one that administrates the data into the file, i need the data for other analysis purposes.

If this is not possible, what would be the best way to connect that one drive file and have it refresh the information automatically somewhere so i can then exported to Power BI

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not use the one drive file owned by others, can you upload the file to your OneDrive? If you can, you could refer to below link to get data from OneDrive:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i appreciate the Help. I ended up doing it that way. Didnt work lol

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.