Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

athpl

One Click Drill Through

The Drill Through functionality in Power BI is available on Right Click. Is there an option or work around available to invoke it on a one click i.e. click the column value and it then navigates to the detail page, rather than, doing a right click and select drill through. Thanks.

- Atul Deshpande

10 REPLIES 10
mohassan99
Helper II
Helper II

I'm not sure if this answers the question., but to bypass the need to right-click and see the option to drill down, up, or through by hovering over a point you can enable "Modern Visual Tooltips". 

Go to Options > Preview Features > click the box next to "Modern Visual Tooltips", save, and restart power bi desktop. 

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @athpl,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We took a different route. Used a hyperlink and gave the functionality on a click.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Please could you tell what and how you implemented hyperlink. And how the functionality behaved? When you click on the hyperlink where does the content open? Regards, Girish

@adeshpa4 Bro can you brief on how you did it ? I have multiple filters to carry to the destination page for drill through. 

I can anticipate that deep link would become messy in my case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please explain how did you accomplish this functionality using hyperlink? Thanks!

Hi,

I found this online using Hyperlink as dynamic filtering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXObcA9G9Vw

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

W

Anonymous
Not applicable

adeshpa4, I'm trying to build the same functionality... you were able to use a hyperlink to drill through from a graph to another report? If so, would you mind elaborating?

athpl

The Drill Through functionality in Power BI is available on Right Click. Is there an option or work around available to invoke it on a one click i.e. click the column value and it then navigates to the detail page, rather than, doing a right click and select drill through. Thanks.

- Atul Deshpande

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @athpl,

Based on my research, I am afraid you could not achieve this feature currently, you could vote for this idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32960161-single-click-drillthroug...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors