Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RanE
Frequent Visitor

On-premises data gateway silent install

Hi, 

This question might have been asked before, but i couldn't find any concrete solution. 
I'm looking for a way to install On-premises data gateway (enterprise, not personal) silenty via a script (CMD or Powershell). 
Any ideas as to how to do this? 
I can install it via powershell, but once it's installed, i still need to go and register the gateway. Is there a way to parameterize it via PowerShell or anything like that?
Looking to automate the process of install & config as much as possible.
Any ideas will be greatly apprecieated!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RanE,

Yes, we are not able to register gateway via script.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@RanE

We are not able to register/configure gateway using PowerShell or other scripts, regarding to this issue, you can submit an idea in the Power BI ideas forum.

However, it is possible to automating gateway data source administration using REST API, for more details, please review this similar thread.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting on for 2 years later. Is it still the case that we cannot install and register PowerBI Gateway via Powershell or other automated fashion? (Perhaps one an the same thing but) Is there a text based interactive installer option?

@v-yuezhe-msft thanks for your response. 

Just to double-check, assuming i want to deploy/install the Gateway on multiple remote servers, once installed on all the machines 0- there is no way for me to pass the email address as a paratemeter to register/assoiciate the gateway with that email?
I would have to go manually to each server, run the on-premises data gateway app and manually enter an email address?

Thanks! 

@RanE,

Yes, we are not able to register gateway via script.

Regards,
Lydia

Incase someone is looking for a true answer

GatewayInstall.exe /install /quiet /norestart

Hello

Is this post still relevant ?
Is it possible to register an on-premises gateway by scripts ?

Thx in advance 🙂

Regards

Why is this marked as a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.