Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

On premise gateway only visible on some models

My IT team updated the on premise gateway a few weeks back. The day after 2 of my models could no longer see the gateway. All of my other models had no issues with this upgrade and the gateway is still visible.

On the 2 that are not visible my models were working fine and still refreshing, until yesterday.

Any clues to what may have caused this and how to mix it.
4 REPLIES 4
shill1000
Helper IV
Helper IV

Your description is a little inconsistent. Do you mean the 2 models cannot access the gateway/data source or are they simply not refreshing? Do they use different data sources to the other models or are they all using the same source data? Could it be a credentials issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, thought I wasn't entirely clear in my first explaination.

The two fault data models use different SQL views to the working models, however all are through the identical gateway. Same data source (all same database), however different tables from that database.

Would be surprised if it is credentials based on what is in the models.

They all were historically refreshing, until two of them completely failed a few days ago. The part I find strange is that since the day the gateway was updated, the two faulty models had no option to select a gateway as they couldn't see any, however the others could.

I have experienced same behaviour of not seeing a gateway when i pull in excel files that were outside of a location on the shared drives that the credentials of the gateway did not allow, when put in the correct location they worked. Did any of the permissions alter for gateways between Jan 2017 (previous gateway prior to update) and the latest gateway update?

I assume you can use the same connections for new models? If so, you may be faced with recreating the failing queries.

Only other thign I could suggest is revisiting teh failing queries and step through the processing via the query editor. IF there's something wrong in the query that might show it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shill1000 Thanks for your help with this. I think you are right, the step method is going to be the way to go. Will post the solution/error if I work it out the fault.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.