Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On multiple Select , update the data with same visuals

Hi @amitchandak ,

This is the similar issue looking into the below subject and Link where you have given me the ref link of solution.
Subject: On Select , update only the data with same visual
Link: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/On-Select-update-only-the-data-with-same-visuals/m-p/891966...

Now I have the similar issue where I need to select multiple and the values needs to be added to the output.
Capture2.png

The category slicer should be now multi-select. So on click of A & B, it should add the values of A and B together in the visual.

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

That is default behavior as long as they are connected. I think something is missing. Can explain show expected out with an example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak ,

Let me explain again with an example. We have a transaction table and lookup table. In the transaction table, we create calculated columns(Cal A Primary, Cal B Primary, Cal C Primary) using the lookup columns.
Below is the transaction table
Capture.JPG

Below is the lookup table
Capture1.JPG

I will create Category table with Column named Category having values(A, B, C). So initally what we were doing is On single Select of Category it would show either A or B or C as shown in below fig.
Capture2.png

Now, I want Category slicer to be multi select and on selecting A & B, it should add both A result and B result in the output.

Any suggestions will be helpfull.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my tests, you can add categories to each region's hierarchy.
test_0130.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.