Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KarlinOz
Advocate III
Advocate III

On-Premises data gateway (personal mode) Download update link broken

Hi Team,

I have noticed this for months so thought I'd post a question here.

I run the On-premises data gateway (personal mode) and each month when I get the notification in the interface that a new version is available I click on the Download hyperlink. My browser opens and each month I get a 404 error 

Server Error
404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Does everyone get this every month or is it just me? My workaround has been to have a bookmark in my browser to the update page which works but it would be handy to be able to click on the Download link in the data gateway UI instead.

Cheers,
Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @KarlinOz ,

Could you please check if "Download" link in personal gateway interface is available or not now? Currently it is working well in my side.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlinOz ,

It seems that the linked address cannot be found according to the error message you provided. The possible reason is that typing the wrong URL address or the link was moved or removed from the website(you can check this documentation for 404 error details). So may I know how did you get to the download address? Did you click on the website UI directly ? Or did you click on the link which you saved from your favorites ?

Anyway, you can download on-premises gateway(personal mode) from the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=55768

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Thanks for your response. The method I am using to get the URL is to click on the Download link directly in the PersonalGatewayConfigurator UI as per my picture below - my mouse pointer is over the link I click on. This fails with the 404 error as I mentioned so I have to manually go to the URL, the same one you posted in your response. This works every time. It would be nice if the link in the UI worked for me.

DwnldImg.png 

And in fact, I just managed to do a screenshot of the URL the link in the UI is sending me to. It doesn't stay in the browser once the 404 is displayed so I'm obviously being redirected. The URL from the UI is:

2020-01-23 11_00_25-BRIDGEPRO-FMSVR -  [v. 7.00.11][#20100003236162] [1_22_53].png go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=856107

Hi @KarlinOz

Thanks for pointing this problem. I reproduced your problems here and got the same result with you. I have reported this issue to the relevant team, and I will update you in time if there is any update later. Sorry for bringing your inconvenience. Please download the personal gateway from this link as alternative method.

Best Regards

Rena

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Ok thanks for that. I'm glad you were able to reproduce it. I will watch for a fix.

Hi @KarlinOz ,

Could you please check if "Download" link in personal gateway interface is available or not now? Currently it is working well in my side.

Best Regards

Rena

@v-yiruan-msft, perfect, it is working in my installation as well now. Thanks for following up.

Cheers,
Karl

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors