Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RahilBukhari
Helper I
Helper I

On Premise Tabular Data Refresh Set Up (not live, but imported)

Hi

I have built a Power BI Desktop model by importing data from a Tabular model. I've then published this to Power BI online and I expect the Schedule Refresh to pick up updates by quering the on premise Tabular model periodically.

I know about the live connection to on premise tabular and we have the Enterprise Gateway installed which works perfectly fine. However the Model that I have published is unable to do a refresh as it complains about the credentials.

On clicking the Schedule Refresh you have the option to "Connect Directly" or "Use an Enterprise Gateway". "Connect Directly" gives you the option to edit the credentials but neither Windows or Basic seems to work and "Use an Enterprise Gateway" (i select our gateway) doesn't give the option to edit the credentials which is expected, but the refresh doesn't work in either case.

Appreciate some guidance on how best to configure a Schedule Refresh for a Model dataset which is sourcing its data from an on premise SSAS Tabular model.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
dimazaid
Employee
Employee

Hi Rahil,

When you select the Gateway to do a scheduled refresh, you say "refresh doesn't work". What error do you see? 
Thanks,
Dimah 

Hi Dimah

Surprising it has started working without any configuration changes. I point to the enterprise gateway when setting up the schedule and now it refreshes without any issues. Previously it was complaining about "the credentials in the cloud are missing" but that wasn't the case because the gateway was up and running and worked with live on premise reporting.

Thanks.

Rahil

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.