Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Omit information in the slicer

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem:

DTAT column = Initinal Disposition Date - Document Date

For those cells in the Initial Disposition Date column that I don't have data, the caculation will certainly return negative values since all cells in Document Date column have values.

Is it possible to create a slicer based on the DTAT column where I can omit the negative values on the left hand side (but not delete them since that will change/remove other relevant data in my report)? Like not have it shown in the slicer but it's still there to slide?

Thank you so much! I'm new to PBI so any suggestions or ideas are highly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Washivale
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi,

use If condition to validate the cell value and return blank if initinal Dispostion date is blank else subtract document date from initial disposition date.

DTAT column = IF( Initinal Disposition Date = blank(), blank(), Initinal Disposition Date - Document Date)

this should return blank in your slicer selection for negative values when used DTAT column in slicer.

let me know if it works.

Thanks

Sandeep

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Washivale
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi,

use If condition to validate the cell value and return blank if initinal Dispostion date is blank else subtract document date from initial disposition date.

DTAT column = IF( Initinal Disposition Date = blank(), blank(), Initinal Disposition Date - Document Date)

this should return blank in your slicer selection for negative values when used DTAT column in slicer.

let me know if it works.

Thanks

Sandeep

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, thank you for the suggestion but for some reason, my slicer still shows negative values.

Before the range was: -43,000 to 324

Now the range is: -292 to 324

Do you have any other ideas why it is like this? Thank you so much!

Hey,

Check if you have any Document Date which is greater than "Initial Disposition Date" in your data, if yes, what would you want to see in DTAT column in such scenarios.

Regards,

Sandeep

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I checked the data and there're no cells where the Document Date > Initial Disposition Date, except for those in the Initial Disposition Date column that don't have values as I described above (which again will become "blank" when the function is applied).

And in the slicer in PBI for some mysterious reasons, there're still negative values there, though the values were not as significant as there were before, but still a great numbers of them.

Do you by any chance have any other ideas?

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.