Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ChristoLagali7

Older versions of Power BI Desktop

Hey,

I am trying to download an older copy of Power BI Desktop (ver 2.35) to be precise but I couldn't find it on the Official Microsoft web site.

Any Ideas? or does anybody have that particular version?

We should have a kind of an archive for older versions for testing purposes.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft actually has a list of old versions. Just scroll down to the end of each version. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update-archive 

@Anonymous, the 'old versions' on that page are just a set of descriptions detailing the updates, not the update or installer files themselves. We need the older installer files themselves.

zenatti
Regular Visitor

Hi @ChristoLagali7,

You can find some old versions here.

Thanks

Thank you very much @zenatti for the archive 🙂

Thank you @zenatti for sharing the old archives.

I have been banging my head since so many days trying to connect to salesforce reports. The issue was with the latest version of power Bi which is not supporting it

I downloaded old Power Bi desktop and all of it got resolved.... Now i am able to connect to salesforce reports.

Thanks

Rubina

@ChristoLagali7 I have most all of them. you can grab it from here, it should be either the

PBIDesktop _x64(20) with Date Modified of 5/11/2016

or

PBIDesktop _x64(21) with Date Modified of 5/31/2016

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Eno1978. You are a life saver!!!

I am just about to deliver a training course where the trainees have a two month old version of Power BI Desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.