Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Old file without new release

Hi everyone,

For many updates (maybe since Sept2018 till this last on March 2019), I cannot see the new release with my previous files (pbix).

How can I do to load my files with the new version of PBIDesktop?

I think it was automatic before the last updates.

Thank you for all of you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, power bi desktop is compatible with previous versions, you can try to open it on last version.

If there are some obvious feature changes between version release, it may not compatible with too old version pbix files and not allow you to open on last version. 

In addition, you can try to create a new pbix file with same datasource structure, then open pbix file with compress file and copy design/layout files from old one, copy and replace correspond new files.(we not so recommend to direct modify pbx internal files, it may break the report file and hard to troubleshooting)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, power bi desktop is compatible with previous versions, you can try to open it on last version.

If there are some obvious feature changes between version release, it may not compatible with too old version pbix files and not allow you to open on last version. 

In addition, you can try to create a new pbix file with same datasource structure, then open pbix file with compress file and copy design/layout files from old one, copy and replace correspond new files.(we not so recommend to direct modify pbx internal files, it may break the report file and hard to troubleshooting)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,

So, all the new features for 2 or 3 month seems to be not compatible... 😞

I thought I could create them again with many copy/paste...but the structure is more complex than the new features are needed 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.