Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Versions PBIDesktop.msi

Hello,

I need help to unistall Microsoft Power BI Desktop. I have installed PBIDesktop.msi (Version 2.48.4792.481) and PBIDesktop_x64.msi (Version2.63.3272.40461). I don't have archives anymore. I took a look on two links on this forum, a OneDrive share folder but it's until june 2017 for the x64 and I need from october 2018, and zenatti.net but again I can't find the ones I need.

Does anybody have one or both versions I need ? Or another method to update or uninstall previous versions ?

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  Thank you for your help. The archives are available only su=ince december 2019. I can't dowload mine.

I've been to this link (https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal...) and downloaded the program to uninstal my two old version.

I installed the last one. It seems OK now.

Thank you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Refer all links are here; after the description of the release

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update-archive

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Thank you for your answer, but I cant find any link to download it. I see the article explaining about the updates I'm looking for, but no link to files...

There's a quick description then this :

Reporting

Modeling

Analytics

Power BI visuals

Data connectivity

Data preparation

Other areas

Could you tell me where I can download it, please ?

@Anonymous , Just before the previous release name. Please uninstall the previous version, if you want to move down.

powerbiOldversion.png

These are installer files

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  Thank you for your help. The archives are available only su=ince december 2019. I can't dowload mine.

I've been to this link (https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal...) and downloaded the program to uninstal my two old version.

I installed the last one. It seems OK now.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for sharing the solution. Would you please accept your reply as answer so that people with the same issue will find the solution quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.