Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

John_Silva642
Frequent Visitor

Old PBI files changing original states after saved

Hello,

I will try to explain the problem I'm having. I saved the same PBI file several times, often refreshing the file in begin of each month and saving it in a folder.

But when I opened the newest PBI file I found some errors with the measures, and after taking a look at the old versions I saw that all old files are with the same error.

PS: I didn't refresh these old PBI files. When I saved the files all measures were working.

Can someone help me to solve this problem? Please.

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@John_Silva642 , whar is an error? What is formula you are using?

Hi, @amitchandak 

Appear Blank Values for some measures, and some other measures return wrong values. I'm using the CALCULATE to return the values.

John_Silva642_0-1641392336713.png

But when I saved this file all measures and values were OK, without any problem.
I don't understand why these errors are appearing, I didn't refresh the file.

@John_Silva642 , This is strange. Just clear data management in Options and setting and re create the visual and check

I cleaned the data, but the measures still return the same thing.

John_Silva642_0-1641395706969.png

Hi @John_Silva642 ,

Is your issue that when you open your pbix file, your measure will show wrong result? What data source did you connect to and what kind of conntion mode die you use?

Make sure whether you have refreshed your report in Power BI Desktop. 

Please download the latest dekstop version and try again. 

Latest version : 2.100.1182.0

Please check whether you will get correct result if you try to create a same report by Power BI Desktop with the latest version.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.