Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

h4_dkj
Helper I
Helper I

Oganization chart

Hi

I have added hiearchy chart from Akvelon to my desktop. I have managed to creaate an organization chart but unfortunately it does not satisfy my needs. 

I also want to add another level, IT System. Easy to do as long as the one system has only one mother, but in some cases it may have two. Also a system may be owned by one department, but is cirtical to another.

The goal is to visualy show an owner of a system  who needs be warned when something is about to change with that particular system.

IT_hiearchy_test_!.png

The blue line now represent who owns the system, but the orange line represent a critical user of that system

Does anyone have any app solution or other ideas to solve that

2 REPLIES 2
h4_dkj
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Binbin Yu, thanks for your follow up

Please find below an excample of my Power bi test

The chart is allmost fine, but I would need to indicate multipal dependencies from a system to departments.

We have several cross criticality lines needed. The goal is for a systemowner to check the layout to know what department to notify when something is wrong or an upgrade is needed and so on. We have had case where an owner jsut initiates a task with cirtical consequneces for another department.

Hope this helps.

We do not need to use this spesific app, there might be better ways to do it, or maybe it is not possible to solve this at all.

Grey: Enterpise IT department

Yellow: Daughter company and sections 

Green:; Departmenst

Blue System

Black lines: Indicte direct ownership

Red line: indicate critical dependecies for other departmens or systems even.

Hiearchy_exapmle.jpg

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @h4_dkj ,

I'm a little confused about your needs, Could you please explain them further? It would be good to provide a screenshot of the results you are expecting and desensitized example data.

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.