Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Odd date field slicer behaviour

Hi,

Something odd's happening in a report which I'm just updating for the current month:

datetimeerror.PNG

This is a very basic date table, as defined in the formula bar, and you can see on the modelling tab it is defined as just a date, not date/time. The only problem is that in a slicer, it initially displays in datetime format, which it's only just started doing now. If I click on the dropdown, all the options just show as dates, and as I scroll down to get to the desired April 30 date, I'll get around as far as the end of March, then the display changes to just 30 April 2019 as intended, without even needing to select it. However, whether I just move off without selecting April 30, or if I reselect April 30, if I move to a different page of the report and then move back to this page, the slicer will display in full datetime format as displayed in the screenshot attached.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's causing this behaviour, or, more importantly, how to fix it? I'm seeing the same behaviour in both the Desktop .pbix as well as in the published version. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jthomson -

I haven't reproduced the strange behavior, but I think the following might fix it:

Visuals have some information about how columns were when they were added to the visual. Even if you change the data type, they "hold on" to the previous column definition. To get around this, you can either create a new visual, or remove and re-add the column.

Cheers!

Nathan

Have tried both removing and re-adding the slicer, and deleting and recreating the calendar table, but it retains the same behaviour of kicking to a datetime display whenever you switch pages...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.