Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

S_M
Helper III
Helper III

Odbc Error when refreshing

Hi everyone,

I have started getting the following error since last night, as a result of which none of my odbc tables will refresh :

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [MYSQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver]

Lost conection to MySQL server at 'waiting for initial communication packet', system error: 10060

Would anyone know what this is related to or how i can fix it ?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

After a few days of testing, we have found that these have been network issues for within the office - we have some serious IP issues ongoing and as a result, switching the datasource did not help. I even created a new pbix file to use MYSQL database but refresh did not go through, whereas at home, i was able to run it without a hitch. 

I have now resolved this by actually switching out from a desktop to a windows server on aws, and a couple of days in and the refresh runs well and takes less one third the time is used to - barring some import errors while publishing which persisted last night, i think this solution is working well 🙂   

View solution in original post

Hi @S_M,

Both personal gateway and data gateway are available for pro user. In your scenario, if you publish the report to Power BI Service, you need to configure gateway like mentioned above. As both ODBC and MySQL are not in cloud, while the Power BI Service is in the cloud, it requires gateway to communicate each other. If you only refresh report in desktop, gateway is not required.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.