Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Odata connection and Managed Metadata

Hello All,

Wondering if anyone has come across this problem and found a solution or work around...

I'm connectiing to a Sharepoint list using an Odata connection. Reason i am using an odata connection is i can pre-filter the data before it arrives into PowerBI and thus makes the refresh and updating a lot quicker. I have one issue though....

The Odata connection brings in  the table and all associated columns except for columns that are managed metadata.

Under a normal sharepoint list connection there would be a column, fieldastext, that you could expand and bring in the relvant fields. However, this is missing for Odata connections. 

Anyone have a solution or work around?

I'm thinking i can try copy the managed metadata into a normal text column and then report of this. Would have to see if flow can handle this though. 

1 REPLY 1

The FieldsAsText is present if you are using the SharePoint list connector. The list connector uses OData as well. As for filtering, if you add your filter statement after the Navigation step in PowerQuery, it will fold this filter into the OData call that is made so that you only receive the filtered records. No need to hand code the OData statement. Look up Query Folding to get more details.

Hope this helps!

--Treb

Check out our Power BI blog posts at https://marqueeinsights.com/blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.