Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jejetator
Frequent Visitor

Odata connection - Where has the credential scope gone

Hi Community.

I am struggling to make work a report I have built.

It looks like data connections Credentials to Odata is now missing the scope drop down wich prevents me from setting credentials at a site collection level. as I am using a function to loop in all site collection sites, Power BI is asking for each sites whereas I would like to set credentials at only one level.

image here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q-yCcd-1dtcjE1RFRmX1JQNm8 

while using SharePoint connection, the option is here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q-yCcd-1dtbE5rNVg2WFdYZnc 

can you help me with that?

thanks

Jerome

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jejetator,

>>as I am using a function to loop in all site collection sites, Power BI is asking for each sites whereas I would like to set credentials at only one level.

I think it is impossible to use the only one level credentials and custom function loop all site.  It will ask for the permission when loop to next level each time.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Xiaoxin.

actually it was working in previous versions of PowerBI but it seems it has changed in the current ones.

I have bypassed the problem in using the Sharepoin.File function instead of the odata feed. with that data connection, the 1st time the credential is asked, I can enter the scope and then the other loops are using the same function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.