Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

October update error on Start Diagnostics.

Hi Team ,

Need help on Power bi october update .While doing Start Diagnostics getting error.

Insufficient permission while starting the diagnostics listener. Consider running elevated .If any one have any idea please let me know that will great help.

While doing start diagnostics getting above error.While doing start diagnostics getting above error.

Thanks & Regards

Shashank Chhanda 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. This is very frustrating that you need to have admin access. Given microsoft focus on making PBI enterprise grade product, they should know that most large organisations will avoid giving their users admin access to their machines. 

Thanks

Nishant

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue - turns out you need quite highly elevated admin rights to run the diagnostic tool, which is not going to work in a large organisation.

Can you please change this to either local admin rights or even better standard user? Very few of our users have local admin rights anyway.

Thanks

Ana

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue is still happening with the November release

I created the idea here 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, 

I was experiencing the same issue and resolved it by running Power BI as Adminstrator. 

Please try to do the same. It may resolve your issue as well.

Best, 

winedata

poetim
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.
My PBI is using pt-br language.

image.png

i have same issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.