Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

triz231
Frequent Visitor

October Update not Updating. Stuck on January 2016 Version.

I am attempting to upgrade PowerBI to the latest October version.  I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled PowerBI and it still shows that it is the January Version.  Any ideas on a resolution?

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@triz231

Have you modified any registry key or file related to Power BI Desktop? After you uninstall the Power BI Desktop from Programs and Features, please make sure that the Power BI files under Program Files and AppData have all been removed. You’d better also have a restart after uninstallation before new installation.

BTW, what is the old version before you upgrade to latest October version? The version released in January 2016?

You can try the new features like Date slicer[blog] [video] listed in this document. If they exist in your current Power BI Desktop, it represents that you have the latest version installed just with a wrong Month version.

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft 

I just tested out the slicer for the October update and it is not available.  This leads me to believe my software is not updating.  Since I have repeatedly tried a complete uninstall/reinstall I am not sure of the appropriate next step.

Troy

@triz231

Have you tried to install the same PBI Desktop install package on another computer to see if issue repro? Is there any policy restriction on registry key/file on your current computer?

Best Regards,

Herbert

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @triz231,

I believe you are running the most up to date version. I am running on a 64-bit machine, but our version numbers are the exact same. See below:

Capture3.PNG

Hope this helps,

Alan

Interesting.  I guess if I am working off the model number I am updated.  Not sure what my "January 2016" means as opposed to your "October 2016".

@triz231 I would say you are good to go. Best way to test it would be to try a new feature that the Jan 2016 update doesn't have.

Good luck 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.