Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ONe publish destination/workspace is missing

Hi there

I'm hoping there's something obvious I'm missing here, as I'm very very new to Power BI. I've come up with a dashboard and am looking to publish it. When I hit the publish button, I see a number of SharePoint sites for which I'm a member/owner, predominantly ones created by MS Teams. However, the one I want to publish to is missing. I'm an owner on that Team, and as far as I know, there's been no config changes compared to the others, so I don't know why they're showing but this one isn't.

Is there anything specific I need to do in order to be able to use this Team SharePoint site as a destination for Power BI publishing?

Cheers,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind, all. I've someone got it to show up. I went into the PowerBI service, edited the workspace and changed the permission to "Members can view only" and saved and that seemed to do it. Not sure why, but it seems to have worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous 

Office 365 group has a one-to-one correspondence with classic workspace in power bi.

So when you are added into one office 365 group, you could publish the report to that workspace, it is not Sharepoint.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-manage-app-workspace-in-power-bi-and-office-365

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Lin

Apologies if I get the terminology wrong, I'm really new to this. When I look at the workspaces on PowerBI.com, I can see all the Teams that I'm a part of. However, when I try to publish from Power BI Desktop, several are missing, including the one I was hoping to publish to. I'm an owner of that Team, so I would've thought I should be able to publish it, but I'm not sure if there's something I need to do to "enable" publishing or something?

I've requested my organisation get me a pro license so I can share, and I gather that also gives me more ability to configure the workspaces, so perhaps that will help?

Cheers,

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I'm still struggling with this issue, so posting again to hope that someone can help me. I try to publish and in the publish destinations list, I still see some but not all the Teams/SharePoint sites I'm a member or owner of, but not the one I want to publish to. Is there something I need to enable in Teams or SharePoint to enable publishing from PowerBI?

Cheers,

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind, all. I've someone got it to show up. I went into the PowerBI service, edited the workspace and changed the permission to "Members can view only" and saved and that seemed to do it. Not sure why, but it seems to have worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.