Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lori
Helper II
Helper II

OLE or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800400E4E

Since the second January update, I get the error above.  When I say 2nd, I mean I got the update the day it came out.  Had an error with one of my credentials, which I fixed.  Then yesterday, the desktop version started telling me there was an update - didn't know if it was a slightly different version correcting some errors and the message was distracting so I re-updated.  Now there are random tables that are blocking refresh.  Some are excel spreadsheets on my OneDrive and some are linked to a remote server.  I rechecked the credentials of every link I have into and out of PBI and they all look fine.

Side note - some facility for checking data links/credentials on the desktop version before refresh would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure if this was what fixed it - one of the Excel files had a duplicate in a key field, just added yesterday. 

It would be great if only the offending files didn't refresh!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lori
Helper II
Helper II

I forgot to mention, when I refresh the indicated tables individually it works fine.

Not sure if this was what fixed it - one of the Excel files had a duplicate in a key field, just added yesterday. 

It would be great if only the offending files didn't refresh!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.