cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ashaikh Helper III
Helper III

OLE DB or ODBC error: type mismatch (exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

Hello Guys,

I am getting following error when I am doing "Refresh Data" in Power BI Desktop. The data is retrieved from SQL Server.

I have tried to retrieve query in SQL Server and it successfully retrieves data. Also if I edit query and refresh data there it is successfull. As well as in Power BI portal I am able to successfully refresh data.

But I keep getting this data in Power BI desktop and even if I try to add same new table still i get the same error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blopez11 Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: OLE DB or ODBC error: type mismatch (exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

2 REPLIES 2
blopez11 Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: OLE DB or ODBC error: type mismatch (exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

BRH2424

After further evaluation on why I was getting this error.  The field that it was pulling from was a number field and the user added "%" to the number which created the error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors