cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ashaikh Member

OLE DB or ODBC error: type mismatch (exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

Hello Guys,

I am getting following error when I am doing "Refresh Data" in Power BI Desktop. The data is retrieved from SQL Server.

I have tried to retrieve query in SQL Server and it successfully retrieves data. Also if I edit query and refresh data there it is successfull. As well as in Power BI portal I am able to successfully refresh data.

But I keep getting this data in Power BI desktop and even if I try to add same new table still i get the same error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blopez11 Established Member
Established Member

Re: OLE DB or ODBC error: type mismatch (exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

2 REPLIES 2
blopez11 Established Member
Established Member

Re: OLE DB or ODBC error: type mismatch (exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

BRH2424 New Member

After further evaluation on why I was getting this error.  The field that it was pulling from was a number field and the user added "%" to the number which created the error.