Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ResourceAccessForbiddenEx

Hi,

I am doing text analytics using Microsoft Cognitive Service. I created a custom function following this tutorial. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/cognitive-services/text-analytics/tutorials/tutorial-power-bi...

When I use apply & close I get the error "OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ResourceAccessForbiddenEx"

I cannot seem to find the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Capture.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
JezzaI

This probably isn't your problem, but as I was silly enough to google the same error, will leave this here for others: I was getting the error as the data source had a firewall between me and it - had to use VPN to get through.

jackie_tejwani
Regular Visitor

Has anyone got this working yet? Nothing works for me

The error stopped happening for us when we switched from the free trial Azure subscription to paid subscription. That may have been a coincidence of timing, but since it's no longer happening, there's nothing for support to investigate.

braypa
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am getting the same error when using Azure Text analytics from PowerBI.  Oddly enough, the custom function for key phrases was working, but when I added a custom function for sentiment (analyzing the same data column), I now receive the "OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Enginer.Interface.ResourceAccessForbiddenException'

It's a strange error because in the Data Editor preview window I can see that the sentiment column built using the custom function initially returned numeric values, but the full data refresh throws the error.  Any suggestions?  As far as I can see, the keyphrases and sentiments custom functions both have the same data source and permissions settings.  

I have checked the Azure portal and determined that this is not a current connection issue. I can see in the activity log that I successfully connected to the data source, but the data refesh will not complete and instead throws the error message above.  

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

Here is a similar post for you refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/OLE-DB-or-ODBC-Error-Exception-of-Type/td-p/635036

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know how to clear data settings? The post you shared doesnt have that details.

hi, @Anonymous 

Click File->Options and settings->Data source settings->Global permissions

Then select the permission and clear permission. 

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @v-lili6-msft . I tried that but didn't work. I still get the same error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. So far nothing worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.