cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ResourceAccessForbiddenEx

Hi,

I am doing text analytics using Microsoft Cognitive Service. I created a custom function following this tutorial. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/cognitive-services/text-analytics/tutorials/tutorial-power-bi...

When I use apply & close I get the error "OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ResourceAccessForbiddenEx"

I cannot seem to find the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Capture.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ResourceAccessForbidd

hi, @dinetrsp 

Here is a similar post for you refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/OLE-DB-or-ODBC-Error-Exception-of-Type/td-p/635036

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ResourceAccessForbidd

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know how to clear data settings? The post you shared doesnt have that details.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @dinetrsp 

Click File->Options and settings->Data source settings->Global permissions

Then select the permission and clear permission. 

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the reply @v-lili6-msft . I tried that but didn't work. I still get the same error.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the response. So far nothing worked.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am getting the same error when using Azure Text analytics from PowerBI.  Oddly enough, the custom function for key phrases was working, but when I added a custom function for sentiment (analyzing the same data column), I now receive the "OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Enginer.Interface.ResourceAccessForbiddenException'

It's a strange error because in the Data Editor preview window I can see that the sentiment column built using the custom function initially returned numeric values, but the full data refresh throws the error.  Any suggestions?  As far as I can see, the keyphrases and sentiments custom functions both have the same data source and permissions settings.  

I have checked the Azure portal and determined that this is not a current connection issue. I can see in the activity log that I successfully connected to the data source, but the data refesh will not complete and instead throws the error message above.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Has anyone got this working yet? Nothing works for me

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

The error stopped happening for us when we switched from the free trial Azure subscription to paid subscription. That may have been a coincidence of timing, but since it's no longer happening, there's nothing for support to investigate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

July 2020 Community Highlights

July 2020 Community Highlights

Learn about the exciting things that happened in July.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Power BI Desktop August 2020 Update

Power BI Desktop August 2020 Update

We have great updates this month! Click the link for the video with more info.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors