Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rodeliosantos

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] The operation has timed out

Hello!

I need some help to find out what's ausing this issue. I am uploading some records from our Salesforce.com instance to PowerBI.

I am uploading the whole Contact object which involves 4 million data rows but i a always getting this error: "OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] The operation has timed out" and sometimes hetting this error also: "There's not enough memory to complete this operation. Please try again later when there may be more memory available".

Thanks in advance!

Del Santos

2 REPLIES 2
pablobarra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi

This may be caused because of calculated fields (Froumula or Roll up summary fields in Salsforce).

You can apply a step at the early beggining of the transformation,  "Remove other columns" and leave only the ones you need (all except the formulas you do not need).

For example, the error may be caused by a single Roll up summary that is looping over opportunities.

The step to remove columns should be applied before any transformation is made to the columns.

Your code will look like this:

let
Source = Salesforce.Data(),
Account = Source{[Name="Account"]}[Data],
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(Account,{"Id", "Name"})
in
#"Removed Other Columns"

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@rodeliosantos

It seems there're too many rows through an API call. I suggest you separate this query into multiple datasets. I'm not familiar with SalesForce API, if it doesn't support apply parameter/argument to control timeout or limit imported rows, I recommend you import those data into an on-premise database. See: Easy and Flexible Salesforce Reporting with Microsoft Power BI

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.