Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mpmsltd
Helper I
Helper I

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] OData: Unable to read data from the transport connection:

Hi, I'm trying to pull a sales documents table from Dynamics BC and keep getting the error:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] OData: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host..

Does anyone have an idea of how to deal with this error?

Thanks,
Mariana

1 REPLY 1
OliT
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @mpmsltd 

>> An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host..

You can refer to this article, Troubleshoot PostgreSQL: ‘An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host’ - Microsoft...

Let’s say a client application tries to execute a query using a previously opened connection object retrieved from a connection pool. When the application attempts to use the connection object, the connection has gone “stale” and the client application throws an exception from attempting to send query data over the “open” connection.  The client-side logic catches the exception and the TCP connection is closed. 

(Although you are using Dynamics, I think this article can be used for reference)

The only way to understand exactly what is causing the issue is to capture network trace at the client-side at the time when the issue occurrs. Network Traces can be captured by different applications such as NetMonWireSharkFiddler, etc.

Regards,

OliT

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.