cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrien5555 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

OLE DB or ODBC error DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH

Hi All,

this error shows up when I try to refresh data.

The data source is a local csv :

test2.png

Config: windows 10

thanks for helping Smiley Happy

Adrien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
austinsense Established Member
Established Member

Re: OLE DB or ODBC error DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH

The type mismatch is probably happening because you're doing some conversion from the orginial data types - go into the query editor and remove any type conversions and see if that works.

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast Smiley Happy
14 REPLIES 14
Regular Visitor

Please,

Completely stuck with this.

Since the error talks about "type mismatch", I tried to define all data type to 'text'

but no effect,

Help!

Established Member

The type mismatch is probably happening because you're doing some conversion from the orginial data types - go into the query editor and remove any type conversions and see if that works.

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast Smiley Happy
Regular Visitor

It's kinda weird, as by removing all steps in the history, it does the trick, data is refreshed, and by opening again the query editor, PBI recreates automatically the deleted steps (which are Promoted header, and Changed type).

I performed the test on a backup file.

To "clean" the production datasource, I then need to delete all applied steps in the query editor.... 

As there are many steps applied, is there any alternative, so as to avoid to recreate each and every step?

Many thanks for helping me resolve this issue

Highlighted
Established Member

Can you just delete the "changed type" step

Regular Visitor

Sorry, didn't mention that deleting only "changed type" wasn't enough.

I had to delete all steps to get the connection with the data back.

Anyway, I'll recreate the steps, but It's a bit of a pain if it happens again after many changes in the query editor. We'll see Smiley Happy

Thanks!

evang550 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi adrien - did you ever figure out why this was happening? And if there was a fix/work around? I'm having the same issue.

Regular Visitor

Hi Evan,

Yes it worked for me. I had to remove all the applied steps (5 or 6) until the step 'changed type' which seemed to cause the error.

Since I re-created all the steps, the error never showed up again, so worth trying it!

jessewysong Member

Unfortunatly I am now getting this error on a dataset that had been working fine for months. I dont even have any change type commands in my query. The only reason I knew there was an error is because my on premises gateway data suddenly stopped refreshing today and no ones dashboards worked. 

Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thnk you,

Jesse

jessewysong Member

Never mind! One of our sales reps accidentally typed "Trina" into the sales order number field and hit "save"... sigh. All good now.