Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hotkey
Frequent Visitor

OLE DB or ODBC error: BigQuery Numbers

Hi there,

i've got a problem to create a visual for a direct query table (source is Google BigQuery).

In the Edit Query the table data looks good: "total" is recognized as decimal numeric. As soon as i add this value to a visualisation the error below appears.

I also tried to create a measure for the column but this doesn't work also.

In BigQuery the field is also designed as a number (see third shot). I've no idea what the reason might be and how to troubleshoot it?

Part of the error details:

Product Version:
2.68.5432.841 (19.04) (x64)

Error Message:
OLE DB or ODBC error: [Expression.Error] We couldn't fold the expression to the data source. Please try a simpler expression..

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0 (x64 de-DE)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 461808]

Formulas:

section Section1;

shared TodayVsBest = let
    Source = GoogleBigQuery.Database(null),
    #"shining-sign-99921" = Source{[Name="shining-sign-99921"]}[Data],
    powerbi_daily_turnover_Schema = #"shining-sign-99921"{[Name="powerbi_daily_turnover",Kind="Schema"]}[Data],
    powerbi_today_vs_bestday_Table = powerbi_daily_turnover_Schema{[Name="powerbi_today_vs_bestday",Kind="Table"]}[Data],
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(powerbi_today_vs_bestday_Table,{"_sdc_table_version", "_sdc_received_at", "_sdc_sequence", "__sdc_primary_key", "_sdc_batched_at", "_sdc_extracted_at"})
in
    #"Removed Columns";

google bigquery source tablegoogle bigquery source tableerror in visualisationerror in visualisationedit query view of dataedit query view of data

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hotkey ,

Did this issue appears when your create calculate fields with numeric type? If you test with other data table without this type, did it works?

Regards,

Xiaoin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

No, it's not a new calculated field. I just use the existing column comming from google bigquery. It is only with this decimal field. Another integer field just works fine.

HI @Hotkey ,

Maybe you can open a ticket to report this to power bi team:

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi There,

i did open a ticket and got the info, that this is a bug which they are working on. And after installing the new update from last week the visuals are now working in the desktop, but not within the service?

Best regards

Henrik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.