Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OData feed - fine in browser, not in Power BI Desktop

I am attempting to use the below query to connect to an XML Forms Library on SharePoint Online.'List Name')/items?$select=Created,Reviewer_x0020_Names/Title,Reviewer_x0020_Names/EMail&$expand=Reviewer_x0020_Names/Id


The query works fine in the browser and I can see all required data, however when using this in Power BI, the 'Created' column appears as expected, but instead of the Title & Email fields from the person picker field entitled "Reviewer Names" being displayed, it just displays the text "Table" (for every row). When clicking on the word "Table I get the error message:


DataSource.Error: OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Specified method is not supported.)


What I was expecting was to have 3 columns visible:

- The Created field

- The Title of the 'Reviewer Names' Person Picker field

- The Email address of the 'Reviewer Names' Person Picker field


How can I change my OData query to bring back this information?


2nd question, I was hoping to retrieve the login name from the person picker field also but can't seem to get it, I've tried adding:




These both fail (in the browser) - web page not found.


Using "Reviewer_x0020_Names/Name" works but brings the whole i:0#.f|membership| back - I just want the username aspect.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: OData feed - fine in browser, not in Power BI Desktop



Try using $select=* to return all available fields.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Re: OData feed - fine in browser, not in Power BI Desktop

Unfortunately the list has too many lookup fields to use select=* so I need to manually pick out the fields I need.