Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ctedesco3307
Resolver II
Resolver II

OData error message a web api key can only be specified when a web api key name is provided

hey All - I saw a couple of threads on this but nothing worked for me - I have my bearer token in the key field, I tried the other options as well - nothing working - I'm green on "APIKeys.." so any correctional direction on what I'm going wrong here much appreciated 

ctedesco3307_0-1633708245905.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ctedesco3307 ,

According to this document"In the Access web content dialog, select Basic, enter your app's API key as the Username, and press Connect"

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ctedesco3307 ,

According to this document"In the Access web content dialog, select Basic, enter your app's API key as the Username, and press Connect"

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Still it's not working. I have mentioned API key in Basic username. Now it showing error "we couldn't authenticate with credentials provided. Please try again.

Now what is the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.