Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OData: The given URL neither points to an OData service or a feed

Hello,

I've been working away happily with CRM Online until yesterday afternoon.

All my reports give the same error: OData: The given URL neither points to an OData service or a feed.  It's the same feed I've connected to and used for the past couple of months.  It was fine when I used it yesterday morning.  By the afternoon Power BI seemed to have forgotten not only that it was a recent data source but all my recent reports had been removed from the cache.  It was like starting over with a fresh version of the desktop.  I mean that literally happened in the space of 30 mins.  

I've downloaded the latest version.  I've tried a Windows account connection and a Organisational connection for credentials.  I get the same issue.  

I tried a brand new report with a new connection using that URL and it doesn't even take me to the log in it just says it isn't a valid OData feed.

Am gutted as this is weeks of work that seems rendered useless now.  Just to check this is my URL that worked until about 4pm yesterday: https://xxxxxxx.crm4.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/  and I tried it with and without the / at the end.  Just says it's not valid.

Anyone any ideas what I can do and what would cause that so I can stop it happening again.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous Are your data sources cached still? Check in options and settings -> data source settings - global permissions in here you can edit or delete the dataset. I've seen cases where the data source connection gets corrupted and requires a "refresh" for some reason.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous Are your data sources cached still? Check in options and settings -> data source settings - global permissions in here you can edit or delete the dataset. I've seen cases where the data source connection gets corrupted and requires a "refresh" for some reason.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Your solution helped me resolve my issue, thank you.

It worked for me once now,  when again I am trying to connect to my VSTS projects  its throwing same error. I have cleared the Cache and did clean up datasource history.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I've had to completely delete the Global Permissions and then enter them again when prompted.  It can see the Odata connection just fine now.

It's throwing up Firewall errors on any queries or tables I've combined.  In every report I've written before.  This isn't very good Woman Sad.  Hopefully they will find a way to sort this out as it's very annoying.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.