Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LocNguyen
Advocate I
Advocate I

ODBC connection failure

Hello,

I used to be able to connect ODBC on the same database on Deltek VantagePoint before. However, for some reasons it's not working anymore.

Here's my DSN:

DSN.PNG

And here's my error:

BI error.PNG

I also had the driver installed as below:

DSN driver1.PNG

DSN driver2.PNG

Could anyone please help me to fix this connection?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LocNguyen
Advocate I
Advocate I

I actually found out the solution. PBI is still aving my old password, thus the ODBC failed to connect since the password was recently changed. I had to clear the permission in the Datasource setting first before reconnect.

Thanks for all you help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LocNguyen
Advocate I
Advocate I

I actually found out the solution. PBI is still aving my old password, thus the ODBC failed to connect since the password was recently changed. I had to clear the permission in the Datasource setting first before reconnect.

Thanks for all you help!

LocNguyen
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm actually a newbie in ODBC connection, and not familiar with those links.

I tried ODBC with excel, but it now returns another error: 

ODBC: ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
ERROR [01S00] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]Invalid connection string attribute Trusted_Connection

Is my ODBC driver wrong? Sorry, this is unfortunately not my specialty. I wish Power BI can cannot directly to Deltek so I did not have to use ODBC.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@LocNguyen 

Did you try looking into below links to find out the reason for error

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/7460

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/Oracle-error-Insufficient-information-to-connect...

Please also try connecting to your database from other sources as well like excel, access or any other just to check if similar issue is faced. Also, please ensure that it is not VPN issue. Some database allows connectivity from secure network.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.