Given the pain that I have been through over the past couple of weeks, I figured I would document the a description of my failure as well as the solution I put in place to address the issue:
For several weeks, my large ODBC queries against an AS400 data warehouse (IBM - i Series) worked well. Then all of a sudden they failed to updated and
Solution Option 1:
;Connect Timeout=xx (xx = seconds)
Solution Option 2:
I prefer Option 1, because the user will lose the ability to edit the Source Query within the UI as shown in Option 1. All updates to the source query will have to made through the Advanced editor after that point, which can be rather cumbersome with complex statements.
Thanks for the sharing.