Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

peter_gorgol
Frequent Visitor

ODBC Firebird Error - BIGINT not supported

Hi there,

I try to connect to database on Firebird. 

When I pull out data I see there is a problem with QUANTITY column in my SQL statement. In some reasons database creator has set up QUANTITY column as BIGINT even though from obvious reasons numbers in that column won't be that big. 

If I'm not wrong it says that in some weird resons Power BI cannot read BIGINTs?

Is there a way to avoid that error? I've tried SQL's FORMAT, CONVERT but nothing helped. 

I'd like to try everything before speaking with database admin and try to convince him to change column types. I read little about it and it isn't that straightforward. 

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [ODBC Firebird Driver][Firebird]Dynamic SQL Error
SQL error code = -206
Column unknown
QUANTITY
Client SQL dialect 1 does not support reference to BIGINT datatype
Details:
    DataSourceKind=Odbc
    DataSourcePath=dsn=ESYSTEM
    OdbcErrors=[Table]

1 REPLY 1
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @peter_gorgol ,

Please see if this solution can help: 

Client SQL dialect 1 does not support reference to BIGINT datatype · Issue #19 ·

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.