Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

ODBC: ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

Hello - I have been encouraged by Microsoft support to use an ODBC driver (vs folder or MS Access) and in my limited testing -seems to be working much better on my local laptop.   I am now attempting to transition OBDC connection over to another computer (client's) - and now getting this error when attempting to connect via ODBC.

I do have a system DNS setup - and that appears to be working - as it shows up in the drop down PowerQuery DataSource name DSN box.

As I attempt to connect the PowerBI odbc connector - I get these errors.   I have opened the selected file up in ACCESS, and don't believe it is corrupt.

Thank YOU!

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.
ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt."

1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.