Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allegro
Helper I
Helper I

ODBC:ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached

Hi,

Im having an issue in Power BI Desktop i cant load or refresh data, i can still publish my report and refresh the dataset in the Power BI Service but i need to load new tables to work with, after a while of loading this error appear at random tables each time:

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached

Allegro_0-1655928869927.png

it occured to me i could use a dataflow to load the tables as a workaround but as of now June 22th 2022 the data flow is having an issue also, earlier this moth i had to disable my dataflows because my dataset kept getting stucked in refresh mode:

Allegro_1-1655929447519.png

i found a similiar issue in the power bi formun but the issue was on the Power BI Service and mine is in the Power BI Desktop:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Error-interacting-with-REST-API-Timeout-was-reached/m-p/171...

i use a premium per user account and the size of my data model is not that big, i had worked with files 7 times larger,

i already tried to clear and re enter my data source credentials and tried different wifi spots and computers.

im sure the issue lies in my data source (Google Big Query)  but i couldnt found the rooth cause of the issue or a solution in the forums nor what i am supposed to look for in the Data source so i can contact my data source provider. i would apretiate it if you lend me a hand.

Thanks for your help!

Javier.

4 REPLIES 4
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Allegro ,

1. Not sure which version of desktop you are using, try installing the latest desktop and refresh.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

2. It's hard to figure out the cause of the problem, from the discussion in this thread described it may be a limit triggered by multiple calls to the API over a period of time. Try the methods discussed there.

Solved: REST api to google big query crashes - Microsoft Power BI Community

3. Check the data source log.

vcgaomsft_0-1656312440084.png

Error messages  |  BigQuery  |  Google Cloud

Troubleshoot BigQuery quota errors  |  Google Cloud

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Hi Gao,

im currently checking your suggestion number 3(Check the data source log) with my team, ill let you know if i find a solution 

thanks a lot!

best regards

Javier

Hi @Allegro ,

Any updates?🤗

Best Regards,
changqing

it wasnt it, after a week it tarted working again, and thenever since the refresh on the service and desktop stopped working, refreshes get stuck in loading, usually i can only refresh my datasets once a day and usually only one per day, i've post sveral tickets about this problem and nobody has been able to help me, my clients ar very displeased and there is nothing i can do or talk to, you know a way of directly talking to support about this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.