Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vnaveensln
Regular Visitor

O365 Groups - Dashboard to Excel download

Experts,

I am new to Power BI.

We have a dashboard built in Power BI desktop and published to one of the Office 365 groups.

The dashboard has a table and a Pie chart. 

But the users wants to download the dashboard to excel. I am not able to see an option where we can download to excel for the dashboards published on O365 groups.Attached is the screenshot where I am trying to download to excel.

Could anyone please suggest how to download to excel.

O365 Groups Publish.png

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen V.

4 REPLIES 4
jorgeutd0202
Frequent Visitor

Hello Guys,

previously our users in our workspace were able to hover on the "hamburger menu" or three dots above a PowerBI visual to export data to excel. A change was made at the beginning of July which removed the export to excel feature for our users. Our admins still seem to have access to this feature. We have recently tried changing our permission setting giving users the ability to edit content in powerbi, to test if that removed their ability to export. It had no impact on their experience. We would like to give this ability to users in our workspace without making them admins.

I don't know if someone from Microsoft knows if they did some change in the workspace features?

Thank you.

quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @vnaveensln

I don't think it is possible to do that on O365. They should try to do that on app.powerbi.com where there is an option "Analyze in excel"

- Quentin

Thanks Quentin for the reply.
Please let me know what is the difference between publishing to app.powerbi.com and
Publishing it to Office 365 groups.
If users still wants to download to excel on Office 365 groups is there any licensing to be issued or customization to be done.

Hi vnaveensln,

Based on your description, you are an admin user, right? In office365 group(app workspace), you can edit group names, descriptions and privacy, but can't download report as an excel. You should change to power bi service and export data as excel or csv file from a visualization in a report.

1.PNG2.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.