Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StuartRichards
Frequent Visitor

O365 Adoption Pack OData error

Just in the last couple of days started getting an error when trying to update the Content pack data from the tenant. This has been working fine for 6+ months.

DataSource.Error: OData: A supported MIME type could not be found that matches the content type of the response. None of the supported type(s) 'application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=true, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatib...' matches the content type 'text/html; charset=utf-8'.
Details:
DataSourceKind=OData
DataSourcePath=https://reports.office.com/pbi/v1.0/<blanked intentionally for posting>/TenantProductUsage

Additionally, I've seen issues in the past where the token for the username being used for access has expired and the username and password combo has to be re-entered. This is normally an 'Organizational Account'. However, if I try and do that I now get an error saying 'We are unable to connect because this credential type isn't supported for this resource. Please choose another credential type. I also now see options for Web API and Marketplace key as potenital authenticaiton options that I don't recall seeing before so suspect maybe there's been an update here but I can't seem to find any info on it.

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@StuartRichards,

A supported MIME type could not be found that matches the content type of the response.

Based on the error message, you need to change a authenticaiton type to explore your Office 365 Adoption Data in Power BI.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft

Charlie,

Yes, I would believe so, but that's the point. In the past the authentication was 'Organizational Account' and an account with admin rights to the tenant was specified. Now when I select 'Organizational Account' I get the message "We are unable to connect because this credential type isn't supported for this resource. Please choose another credential type" I've tried putting the account details in both the Windows and Basic authentication options but neither one work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.