Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Numerical Slicer help

I have a Table visual that shows:

pb1.png

There are extensive filters applied to what serial numbers show up for the count.  What I'm trying to do is build a slicer (slider) that allows me to slide between the values in the count - so basically letting me filter by the number in the count to see how many customers have that number.   Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Howabout:

1. user a parameter

2. use a measure to count the Serial_No, and if it does not equal the parameter then set to blank

3. sort the measure column with highest number at the top (so blanks will show at the bottom out of the user's way)

But I don't know how to filter out the blanks because this a calculated measure - anyone else?

Alternatively in the backend you could create a calculated table - giving a unique Customer_No in one column, and the Count of Serial_No in the second column. With the output visualisation you could then use a slicer on "Count of Serial_No" because it is a calculated column rather than a calculated measure.

Does that help?

CM

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Howabout:

1. user a parameter

2. use a measure to count the Serial_No, and if it does not equal the parameter then set to blank

3. sort the measure column with highest number at the top (so blanks will show at the bottom out of the user's way)

But I don't know how to filter out the blanks because this a calculated measure - anyone else?

Alternatively in the backend you could create a calculated table - giving a unique Customer_No in one column, and the Count of Serial_No in the second column. With the output visualisation you could then use a slicer on "Count of Serial_No" because it is a calculated column rather than a calculated measure.

Does that help?

CM

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.