Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BastiaanBrak
Helper IV
Helper IV

Numeric range slicer

hi all, first time poster here. I am recreating some Tableau workbooks / dashboards in Power BI and have a particular question on the numeric range slicer which I have built in one of my Tableau dashboards. Based on my reading of the relevant Power BI product page on this functionality and some preliminary testing it seems I can't (currently) replicate the numeric range slicer as implemented in the 'Rainfall map' tab of the Tableau workbook here (see  https://cereals.ahdb.org.uk/monitoring/weatherhub.aspx).

Is that correct or am I missing something?

Many thanks, Bastiaan

TableauNumericRangeSlicer.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @BastiaanBrak,

You can try to add a calculated column to calculate and store summarize value, then use this as source of slicer.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

What have you tried so far?  

Have you seen this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-slicer-numeric-range

Yes, I referred to that in my post ("Based on my reading of the relevant Power BI product page on this functionality").

The first point under 'Limitations and considerations', i.e. [The numeric range slicer currently filters every underlying row in the data, not any aggregated value.] suggests that the current functionality of the numeric range filter in Power BI enables filtering out the row-values (in my case daily rainfall totals) but not the aggregated values (rainfall totals over longer period). I have tested this in my workbook and this is indeed what happens. 

Any idea how I could filter on the aggregate values instead?

HI @BastiaanBrak,

You can try to add a calculated column to calculate and store summarize value, then use this as source of slicer.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Xiaoxin, I will try that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.