Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BastiaanBrak
Helper IV
Helper IV

Numeric range slicer

hi all, first time poster here. I am recreating some Tableau workbooks / dashboards in Power BI and have a particular question on the numeric range slicer which I have built in one of my Tableau dashboards. Based on my reading of the relevant Power BI product page on this functionality and some preliminary testing it seems I can't (currently) replicate the numeric range slicer as implemented in the 'Rainfall map' tab of the Tableau workbook here (see  https://cereals.ahdb.org.uk/monitoring/weatherhub.aspx).

Is that correct or am I missing something?

Many thanks, Bastiaan

TableauNumericRangeSlicer.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @BastiaanBrak,

You can try to add a calculated column to calculate and store summarize value, then use this as source of slicer.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

What have you tried so far?  

Have you seen this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-slicer-numeric-range

Yes, I referred to that in my post ("Based on my reading of the relevant Power BI product page on this functionality").

The first point under 'Limitations and considerations', i.e. [The numeric range slicer currently filters every underlying row in the data, not any aggregated value.] suggests that the current functionality of the numeric range filter in Power BI enables filtering out the row-values (in my case daily rainfall totals) but not the aggregated values (rainfall totals over longer period). I have tested this in my workbook and this is indeed what happens. 

Any idea how I could filter on the aggregate values instead?

HI @BastiaanBrak,

You can try to add a calculated column to calculate and store summarize value, then use this as source of slicer.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Xiaoxin, I will try that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.