Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SPC_123
Frequent Visitor

Numeric range slicer and Measures

This document

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-slicer-numeric-range#limitations-and-consideration... 

notes that you cannot add a numeric range slicer for values in a measure.

Is there any alternative?

The example is a short list of all the countries to be listed and it would be helpful to sort based on the converted columns (measure).

Measure Filter.png

6 REPLIES 6
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SPC_123 , 

I am not sure how you define your measure, you could try to create each measure like below and set filter on measure to "is not blank". You could refer to my sample for details.

599.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In general, to use a measure in that way, you need to use the Disconnected Table Trick as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @SPC_123 ,

Theres is an alternative with disconnect tables.

Let's assume that you want to filter out all the information based on 3 ranges of values:

ID Range Min Max
1 0 - 10 0 10
2 11- 20 11 20
3 >20 20 999

Know you use the range column as your slicer and then make the following measure:

Slicer Measure = IF([Measure]>=MIN(Range_Slicer[Min]) && [Measure]<=MAX(Range_Slicer[Max]); 1 ;BLANK())

Then place this measure on the filters of the visualizaition and choose is not blank. that will filter out the visualization accordingly to your selection.

If you want to have the range slicer then create a table with values using:

Table 2 = GENERATESERIES(1;30;1)

And your measure should be:

Slicer Measure _limits = IF([Measure]>=MIN('Table 2'[Value]) && [Measure]<=MAX('Table 2'[Value]); 1 ;BLANK())

The use this measure to filter out the table again choose different from blanks.

Check PBIX file attach.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

I have a list of countries and for each a numeric value in 'local' currency.  For example, the value for Breakfast in Australia is 25 (AUD). That value has been converted to USD using a Measure (Breakfast USD).

It would be helpful to provide a slicer to obtain certain results for that converted amount resulting from the Measure (e.g. only display countries where the Breakfast USD value is between 16 and 27).

Hi @SPC_123 ,

I have edit my post can you please check the last part of the post.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors