Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nslabosz

Numeric Slicer showing values outside of dataset

Hi

I have a numerical slicer for which Im using the "Between" option. The dataset for the slicer is a year & month code in the format of YYYYMM. For example... 201801, 201802, 201803 etc. 

What I am seeing is the slicer is "filling in" numbers between the min and max of the dataset. I am seeing YYYYMM values in my slicer such as 201745, 201746 etc. This is causing my bar graphs on the same page as the slicer to have axis points for each of these non month periods even though they do not exist in my dataset. 

Is there a way to force the slicer to only show the values within the data set or is this by design? 

See below for example. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

powerbislicer.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@nslabosz,

It is a default behavior of range slicer especially when you choose Between. It will generate dates between min date and max date of the column if you use the date column.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@nslabosz,

It is a default behavior of range slicer especially when you choose Between. It will generate dates between min date and max date of the column if you use the date column.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not true

Slicer showing values outside of dataset.png

Thanks Savi. I expected that would be the case.

Appreciate the feedback.

Regards

It's a pleasure:)

Thanks,

Siva

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.