Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jjattwood
Frequent Visitor

Numbers of Columns With A Certain Value Within a Specific Date

Hi All,

Bit confused about how to get this one to show up and also new to PowerBI so will need a simple explanation.

I have a table that has a job number, job stage (active, cancelled, closed, submitted), date RFP received, job name, and date of job status change (e.g when a job number changes from cancelled to active, I add the current date here)

I have created a new page as a monthly report. I need to know how many jobs have changed from submitted or any other status to ACTIVE (aka number of jobs won in the last month).

I have a number of other visuals that are affected by a date slicer. I've edited the interactions so that the JOBS WON card display isn't affected but this date slicer is based off of the DATE RFP RECEIVED.

The only logical way I can think to do this is if I count the number of jobs with the value 'active' and with the 'date of job status change' within the last calendar month.

So I created another slicer that doesn't affect anything but this one card to set the date to last calendar month but there was only 1 date as there is only one job that has changed in the last month.

Not sure how to show this number!

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jjattwood 

Can you provide some sample data (removing sensitive info) and desired result? It will help us understand your requirement and find a proper solution more quickly.

As of now, I think we can create a measure to calculate the result. We can get the active jobs in this month and active jobs in last month, then compare the result to get which active jobs newly appear in this month and count the number of those.

But before that, there are still some questions needing to make it clear. Will a job's status change multiple times in a month? If so, should we only take its latest status in this month into account? And will it change to ACTIVE status multiple times in a month (change to ACTIVE, then to other status, then to ACTIVE again)?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@jjattwood 

could you pls provide some sample data and expected output?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.