Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carpetwotsit
Regular Visitor

Number sorting in text filter

Hi

I have a text filter which filters by graphs by store:

store.png

And a graph which plots each store against a value:

event_date_text.png

To stop Power BI from treating the stores as integers and summarizing the values, I've made the 'store' column a text column. Is there a way to sort the values within the filter as if they are numerical? Rather than 10, 102, 105, 106 it would be 10, 11, 102, 105, 106 etc. I can sort the filter by changing the 'store' column from text to whole number but it causes this to happen:

event_date_number.png

I've tried to change the default summarization but I don't have the option to (greyed out).

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @carpetwotsit

I would recommend creating a calculated column that converts the store number to text like:

StoreText = FORMAT(Test[Store], "####")

Then you can go to the Data tab and sort the StoreText column by Store. Then by putting StoreText in the axis of your visualization, you will have the proper functionality. Use the Store in any slicers though.

TextSorting.PNG

Hope this helps,

Parker

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @carpetwotsit

I would recommend creating a calculated column that converts the store number to text like:

StoreText = FORMAT(Test[Store], "####")

Then you can go to the Data tab and sort the StoreText column by Store. Then by putting StoreText in the axis of your visualization, you will have the proper functionality. Use the Store in any slicers though.

TextSorting.PNG

Hope this helps,

Parker

Thank you, exactly what I needed!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.