Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pascal_KTeam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Number of members per month when there are monthly and yearly subscriptions

Hi all

Let’s assume there are 3 tables in my model

1. Members (contains all sorts of details about the members, the data is generated when a member signs up) – Columns A-C
  2. Sales (contains sales data from the accounting system) – Columns E-H
  3. Calendar – Columns K-L

There’s a relationship from member number in members table to member number in the sales table

There’s also a relationship between the calendar table and the sales table

I’d like to have a visual which shows the YTD turnover and the development of the number of members. I can easily calculate the YTD Turnover (see column P). But how do I get the YTD number of members into the visual? I don’t know how to create the measure in order to get the numbers in the orange cells (O4-O10)

If I only had monthly subscriptions I could simply count rows. But a yearly subscription paid on a specific date means I have a member for the following 12 months and I don’t know how to deal with that.

I'm excited to see your inputs

2020-01-22_17h48_51.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Create another column subscription end sales using dateadd. add 1 for monthly and add 12 for yearly.

Now refer to this blog, how to deal with range : HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Create another column subscription end sales using dateadd. add 1 for monthly and add 12 for yearly.

Now refer to this blog, how to deal with range : HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.