Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shakaze
Frequent Visitor

Number of hours from last year

Hello everyone,

I have some issues about dates in my report.

I have datas about how many hours workers have done on a period of time (month/year).

My goal is to create a graphic showing the amount of hours done on the year XXXX and compare this with last year (XXXX-1).

I have a slicer with only year (2018-2022)

For now, i have only the number of the year I have selected and i want to show the previous year however i'm struggling to create this mesure.

For the dates I have 3 colums -> (dd/mm/yy) in date format, months in in integer and year in integer too.

At the moment my slicer is selected on the 3rd one (year which is an integer).

What I really want is to show the previous year's datas which I have selected on my slicer (so If i select the year 2022 on my slicer I wanna show the year 2021 on a curve in my graphic).

If anyone has an idea!

Thank you,

months.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Shakaze , Join your date with date table, On one join can be active.

Measure example for active join

Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]))

This month = CALCULATE([Net],DATESMTD(ENDOFMONTH('Date'[Date])))
MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD('Date'[Date]))

last year MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-12,MONTH)))
Previous year Month Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),previousmonth(dateadd('Date'[Date],-11,MONTH)))

Example for inactive joins

calculate( calculate( SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),USERELATIONSHIP ('Sales'[CreateDate], 'Date'[Date])),DATESMTD('Date'[Date]))

calculate( calculate( SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),USERELATIONSHIP ('Sales'[CreateDate], 'Date'[Date])),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]) )

https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Shakaze , Join your date with date table, On one join can be active.

Measure example for active join

Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]))

This month = CALCULATE([Net],DATESMTD(ENDOFMONTH('Date'[Date])))
MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD('Date'[Date]))

last year MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-12,MONTH)))
Previous year Month Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),previousmonth(dateadd('Date'[Date],-11,MONTH)))

Example for inactive joins

calculate( calculate( SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),USERELATIONSHIP ('Sales'[CreateDate], 'Date'[Date])),DATESMTD('Date'[Date]))

calculate( calculate( SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),USERELATIONSHIP ('Sales'[CreateDate], 'Date'[Date])),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]) )

https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.