Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nikhill90
Frequent Visitor

Number getting rounded off

Hi,

While importing data from Shopify, it automatically is rounding off the the columns, even though the data type is set to decimal number. I set the data type, format and decimal to 2 places in the modelling tab, but all that happened was that it added two 0s with a decimal to the rounded off number. I am not being able to retrieve the original values in decimal format. Any help with this is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all,

Thank you for the help. I had directly sent a mail to the suüpoort of power bi API connector for shopify. It was a problem in their API and they fixed it today morning. Thank you again for all the help.

Regards,

Nik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are still looking for a solution, you can go the power query and then to advance editor and change the type manually from integer to number. That will sort the issue. Let me know if that works for you! 

Where is the decimal number set?  In Power Pivot or Power Query (get data). You will need to do it in Power Query at the first instance it is changed/changeable then make sure it is not changed there after

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Would be great if someone could tell me the code for setting data type in the power querry editor itself, so that it is imported that way.

Hi @Nikhill90,

Which datasource you used? Does it sqlite?
If this is a case, you can refer to below link which about sqlite decimal issue.

Connection ODBC Sqlite decimal size limit

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi all,

Thank you for the help. I had directly sent a mail to the suüpoort of power bi API connector for shopify. It was a problem in their API and they fixed it today morning. Thank you again for all the help.

Regards,

Nik

When I load the data and directly edit querry, the default data type there it takes is decimal for that column. This is before I load it into the table. Is there a step I am missing to check? Would be nice if you could help me out with where I am suppsoed to fix this type. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.