Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattymc1984
Advocate I
Advocate I

Number formatting in Multi-Row Card

Hi,

I'm presenting some headline performance stats within multi-row cards (I had used indiviual cards, however they don't show the headers on mobile view), but I cannot find anywhere to change the number format.

Format options on the visualisations tab does not contain any options for number formatting and the Modelling tab has data type and formatting options greyed out.

This is how I have arranged the cards to show my data:

image.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

Matt

7 REPLIES 7
RdgBrito
Frequent Visitor

This feature it's not supported yet.

My sugestion it's to create many single cards and a text box at the top to display the title that you need.

Please vote in this idea below to let the guys include in the next implentations.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17861008-multi-row-card-improveme...

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
dMac314
Frequent Visitor

If you are using an SSAS TDM you can format the data there, once it is pushed and your report refreshed, those changesd will be reflected in the visualization. In know this is an old post but maybe it'll help someone. 

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@mattymc1984 wrote:

Hi,

I'm presenting some headline performance stats within multi-row cards (I had used indiviual cards, however they don't show the headers on mobile view), but I cannot find anywhere to change the number format.

Format options on the visualisations tab does not contain any options for number formatting and the Modelling tab has data type and formatting options greyed out.

This is how I have arranged the cards to show my data:

image.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

Matt

@mattymc1984

Your description is not clear for me, I'm still not getting what is your problem.

By the way, you can format individual measures in the modeling tab(click on a measure->go to modeling tab->format), other than format the whole card visual, see different formats in below card visual.

Capture.PNG

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response.

I don't want to create a "blanket" formatting for a whole measure.  In my summary I want to show  in #.##M, but in a table I would want to show as #,###,###.

A standard "Card" visualisation gives you the following formatting options:

SnipImage.JPG

I was hoping to find I similar set of options for the multi-row card.

In the meantime, I have found a workaround by creating a custom measure:

=CONCATENATE(TRUNC([value name])/1000000,2),"M")

This however, is not ideal as it means I need to create a custom measure for every value I wish to summarise in a multi-row card.

As I said, I would prefer to use a standard card, but at the moment these don't show headings on mobile view (already raised in another post).

Thanks,

Matt

I have exactly the same issue if anybody does find a solution.

Many thanks,

Neil

I am using a metric of type text in a multi-row card visual. But the formatting isn't working for it. The formatting works when the metric type used is numeric. 

Is this a limitation of this visual?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.